Beauty & Love

The hunt is over. But I think I might have started a love affair.

I finally saw Juan Luna's Spolarium. 

I don't think anyone who attended a Filipino school would not know about the artist, ilustrado, and revolutionary Juan Luna. 


For the past ten years, I have made a few efforts to see this historical masterpiece. For one reason or the other, I have never succeeded. Until that September 18.

This is how it happened. I attended a lecture by 2014 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee Omara Khan Masoudi in end-August at the Old Senate Hall, National Art Gallery of the National Museum of the Philippines. I was lucky enough to be one of the audience members who got one of the one-day passes from the National Museum.

And so I accepted my new officemate Vic's offer to tour me at the museum. He believes we should find beauty whenever we can, and there is no better way to do it than the country's foremost repository of art.  




Comments

Popular Posts