#WUF9 | Excited Millennial

I'll write about the details later, but I am excited to share with you that I will be in Kuala Lumpur during the first half of February 2018 to participate at the ninth session of the World Urban Forum.


I'm still figuring out my schedule, but I'm sure I'll be doing these things:

1. More 'City,' less 'Promdi'. I mean, it's not called World URBAN Forum for nothing. I expect to be learning and talking about urban areas and city spaces and our relationship with it.

2. Social media. I'm a millennial. I have Twitter and Instagram and Facebook accounts. I'd be posting insights and photos from the event. Follow me on Twitter as @yourcitypromdi! 

3. Youth stuff. I'm joining some speaking panels and participating at youth-led or youth-themed events. This is my last considered within the age bracket, so I might as well mine it for all its worth.
 
4. Supporting Habitat. I've posted about my day job sparingly in this blog, but if you've been reading my older posts, you'd know my affiliation. Anyway, I'm attending #WUF9 in an official capacity for Habitat for Humanity International. I'm excited! I've had such a steep learning curve because of being sent to conferences and forums like this, and I hope I can share a bit more with you on this blog (or my tweets) when I'm there.

5. Looking out for urban art. There's a vibrant urban culture in Malaysia, as I've already experienced in Penang and in Johor Bahru. I'm looking forward to seeing the Malaysian capital and its art culture.   

Comments

  1. I'm also a millenial. The eldest of the group. But I still can join this bandwagon. Hahaha! I've been to a youth convention a few years ago. I do felt so out of place while listening to a youth-themed session. So I decided to quit all youth conventions and go to "adults" conferences and conventions.

    I hope this forum will be helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts